Fact – Dogs can die if they ingest chocolate

At first this may seem bizarre. How can anyone die of eating chocolate? Chocolate, that sweet, brown substance that is loved and adored by millions around the world. People may scoff and say that they feed their dogs chocolate all the time. If you are one of those people, you need to stop. NOW. You are potentially putting your dog’s life at risk.

Of course, there are many factors that determine whether or not your dog will be affected by ingesting chocolate. The two main and obvious factors are the health and the age of the dog and the amount of chocolate ingested. A weak or ill dog is naturally more at risk, and the chances of death also go up with an increase in the amount of chocolate ingested. In fact, ingesting large amounts of chocolate can be bad even for humans. So be careful the next time you are hogging down that bar of your favourite chocolate!

The disagreement between dogs and chocolate arises from two substances present in the chocolate – theobromine and caffeine.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s